Thursday, October 29, 2009

FIRE SAFETY

No we did not disappear of the face of the Earth...our lives have just been NUTSO and so I have slacked on blogging. I have multiple posts to do....but I'll be lucky to get through one....

APPARENTLY September is "National Fire Safety" month..or so I was informed by Caitlyn after she learned ALL ABOUT IT at preschool. (I love how suddenly MOM knows NOTHING and her preschool teacher knows EVERYTHING!! =) )

We went to the Layton Fire Station Open house!! It was AWESOME!!!

Complete with BALLOONS....
A REAL "COPTER" (helicopter) that the kids got to sit in and watch take off and land!!

Jeffy watching the helicopter take off....he wasn't so sure about the wind or the noise part. But it was awesome...we were right there like 100 feet away!!

Here are my kids sitting in the life flight helicopter....Lets be honest it made be squirm a little. As a pediatric nurse I have seen one too many patients wheeled away to fly on one of these. I hope this is the ONLY time they are in a LIFE FLIGHT helicopter in their lives.

This is the kids crawling through the "SMOKE TUNNEL" I thought this was a good way to teach kids to "keep below the smoke".
They even made the kids honorary "Jr. Firefighters" !!!


Puttin' out the FIRE! This is apparently a real "grass fire hose"
they got to shoot it at some fake flames on the fence!!
Notice the distance Caitlyn put between her and the handsome fireman....funny.
If she were 11 I think it might have been different. =)
In the pic below he was showing her how to turn off the hose.

Not pictured was Jeff and I trying to drag the kids out of there before they realized they were giving fire truck rides....the line was soooooooo long. Bad parents?? It was really fun and at least they learned something. =)

2 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

Isn't it funny how that happens! That happens to me all the time! My kids come home and tell me something that I have no idea what they are talking about and I find out that I know nothing about anything anymore!

Alli said...

so cute! By the way, I love jeffy's hair. so adorable. Did the adults get to sit in the helicopter? because that's what I would want to do!