Sunday, May 6, 2012

Caitlyn's Big Show

At the beginning of the year Caitlyn came home from school with a flyer about a performing arts group that meets once a week called "Up with Kids".   They were putting on the play TANGLED this year and she was ADAMANT that she wanted to do it.  So, I thought...what the heck....she is a shy little thing but her DETERMINATION is stronger.  =)  The first week...surrounded by kids she didn't know... she hid under her chair, and refused to share when it was her turn to tell her favorite color and her name.  FASTFORWARD through first grade and she has come a MILLION MILES!!  She loves her director "Miss Sara" and made lots of friends....and believe or not....she shined like a STAR on that stage. =)   I was such a proud mommy.  Its hard to overcome your fears and she was determined to do it.....and SHE DID.   
Hooray for you Sissy Girl!   
There's nothing in this world  you can't do!!!

 Here is how she feels about me taking pictures
........EVER!
But seriously...shes so beautiful I cant resist. =)
 Here she is as a Chameleon.........SOOOO CUTE! 
(she's the second blue one from the left)
 LOVE the costume!  SO FUN!

Chameleons with Rapunzel
Here she is as "Honey the fairy"
She had 4  lines.......and said them ALL perfectly!  
So proud of you SIS!!

 Here they are singing part of the "Firework" by Katy Perry. 
 ( not a huge Katy Perry fan but Caitlyn loves that song) and she was so CUTE dancing up there!
For the FINALE they sang and did the sign language to the "at last I see the light" song from TANGLED.
I cried.  She has grown up so much this year!!! 
 Its was a BIG DEAL for her to get on that stage.   She did so well and I couldn't be more proud.

 This is Caitlyn's BEST FRIEND Elva. 
 Elva has helped Caitlyn SO Much this year at school to socially come of her shell... and Caitlyn has encouraged Elva to become a better reader.  I couldn't be happier about their friendship!  
 They are so darling!!
This is our SWEET neighbor Addy!!!  She is one of Caitlyns favorite friends.  Luke, her little brother, is Jeffys best friend and Claire their little sister is Williams friend.   Now their MOTHER (who is AMAAAAZING) is one of my best friends.   We adore their family! 
..............and their dad is our Bishop so we like him too =)
 Her COUSINS!!!!  Brooklyn and Benny ( Aunt Katie and Claire Bear are not in the picture)  Caitlyn LOVES these two SOOO much.   Brooklyn always Hugs Caitlyn relentlessly and laughs and laughs about how much Caitlyn "doent like to be hugged"   but.....she really does love to be hugged. =)  Caitlyn calls Brooklyn "HUGGY MONSTER!!"   
Showered with Flowers.....  
She felt so VERY SPECIAL!!!

I am really bummed out we didnt get a picture of her with my mom....HER NANA, and my amazing SISTER CAMIE (who is SOOOO busy and still managed to make it...with flowers)  They are the Women in my life that have helped ME learn to be a mother.  I appreciated them being there more than they probably know.   Because they KNOW my Caitlyn...and they GET IT =)

 Flowers and her "Best Actress" award.  
I'm SO PROUD.  And most important SHE WAS SO PROUD.    
She proved to herself this year that .......
"sometimes things we WANT to do are hard
......BUT WE CAN DO HARD THINGS!"
Two very proud PARENTS!!!   
We love you SISSY GIRL.

1 comment:

Alli said...

she IS a beauty! and how fun to get to do tangled!