One more two year old blog......I remember when Caitlyn was born...wondering how to teach her her about the Gospel and wondering how we were going to shoulder the responsibility of teaching her how much Heavenly Father loves her. I remember countless prayers Jeff and I have offered to know how to be good parents. How do you get them to adulthood without irreversibly screwing them up?
When Caitlyn turned 1 we figured it was time to teach her to pray. A year later she can mostly do it on her own with some prompting. But....she is usually rolling around on the floor or reaching for her toys while we struggle through it. The other night she woke up SCREAMING and crying. Jeff and I ran in there thinking she had ANOTHER nightmare. When Jeff was holding her she was crying and I asked her what she wanted....she said "I just want to say my prayers" So we said them again and put her to bed much calmer.
Sometimes I wonder how close she really must feel to Heavenly Father. And I have no doubt in my mind that the holy ghost comforts us from birth. It amazed me to think that she could possibly understand that prayer would make her feel better. Maybe it is just a bedtime routine and thats why....maybe not. Then today at the park we were playing on the grass and all the sudden Caitlyn got really quiet. She knelt down and folded her arms and bowed her head. I just stood there in shock. When I asked her what she was doing she told me that she was saying her prayers for daddy. Maybe he needed a boost and I wasn't listening to the prompting...who knows. But it doesn't get much sweeter than that. And I am sure that He was listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment