Monday, September 17, 2007

Nephi and the Brass Plates

A couple months ago I broke down and bought a "living Scriptures Video". I wanted to see if Caitlyn liked them be for I spent a FORTUNE and bought them all. So I got the Nephi and the brass Plates video and to my surprise Caityln LOVES it. (it's gotta be Nephi's realistic muscles!)Anyway....we watch it at least 4 times a week and she can now sing the Primary song Nephi's courage by heart.....RANDOM.....anyway.....
So tonight for Family night I was reading her the story out of the Childrens Book of Mormon Reader.......we got to the part where Nephi comes accross Laban.....and as the story says....who is REALLY DRUNK. I tried to tell caitlyn that meant he was really tired....thinking that was some thing she could understand. BIG MISTAKE..... She thought for a minute and then announced to Jeff and I the she was "really DRUNK". (it was bedtime!) So much for reading the scriptures together.......I am SURE she is going to repeat that in Primary next Sunday. Gotta love 2 yr olds!!

3 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

That is SO funny! I hope she repeats that! I have a similar story. They were talking about drinking and driving apparently in school (this was when Maddy was in the first grade and I really don't know why they would talk about that to first graders but whatever) and Maddy came home and told me that I was being really dangerous when I drank and drove our van. She didn't understand that "drinking" didn't literally mean drinking any drink. I am sure that she probably told her teacher that her mommy drinks and drives all the time. GREAT!

Alli said...

haha, i love it. especially when you mention nephi's muscles. haha. i can't wait to have kids just so they can say funny stuff like that

Hatchgirls1 said...

I WANT MORE PICS!!!!!