That is my new motto. It is also the title of the new Kenney Chesney song. (download it!!!)As lame as this is going to sound that song always makes me cry. It just reminds me what is most important to me. My family. I am so grateful for my wonderful loving husband who I adore, and my two beautiful kids...even when they cry ALL day. I am so blessed. Sometimes it makes me sad that I can't ever relive the day I first hugged Jeff....or my wedding day...or holding my babies for the first time. We only have one life to live....and I guess I just need to be reminded every once in a while how incredibly lucky I am and that I need to CHILL OUT...SLOW DOWN...and CHERISH EVERY MOMENT. Because... like I used to tell my own dad (when we would keep him up all night jabbering about our lives)....You're going to miss this someday.
Here are the lyrics to the chorus of the song........
"DON'T BLINK 'cause just like that you're six years old and you take a nap...wake up and your 25 and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife. DON'T BLINK....you just might miss your babies grow up like mine did...turning into mom and dads....next thing you know your better half of fifty years is there in bed...and you pray that God takes you instead....trust me friends 100 years goes faster than you think.....so DON'T BLINK!"
Anyway....I love you all. Thank you for always being there!
4 comments:
That's such a good thing to be reminded of. Seems like just a blink ago we were in Junior High....crazy. Thanks Missy. I love you!
I have heard that song and it is really good. It is one that as the radio was playing in the background it made me stop and actually listen to it. I like your new blog! Sorry about the side bar things. I think you can readd them somehow.
missy
it's jaNae your so cute i am glad that i know your blog. i miss you so lets get together. you are such a good mom and i really look up to you and all the good that you do.
love ya
It's the Primoschs! I just saw your blog while admiring the Ereksons new baby. Didn't know you were a blogger. It was good talking (and nursing) today. Let me know if you end up needing help with your house.
PS...We had this same "fall" blog template. Ha!
Post a Comment