Here are my reasons why.....
1. Getting to see my mom....and talk girl talk....in PERSON!! I missed her soooo much I could barely stand it.
2. Eating my moms chocolate chip cookies.....HOT!!!!
3. Watching Jeff work over my Dad in ping pong...not to mention all their office elders. They must have played over 20 hours in total. Leave it to my fantastic husband to get my dad to let down his "fun shield".
4. My parents getting to hold my kids. Caitlyn said it best when we were flying over paraguay on our way home...she looked out the window and with utter dispair in her her voice she said "Oh Nanna!!!!" They miss their Nana and Papa so much already!!
("playing chalk with nana!)
5. Meeting some of the people Jeffs dad baptized 30 years ago. The Marmol family is amazing! We are now their family....love it!
6. Going to Brazil with Jeff. it was so fun to hear Jeff speak Portugese and to get so excited about seeing/doing/hearing/and eating things that were so much like his mission. ( we went to southern Brazil and he served in the north) Even if the yogurt he ate made him super sick for 24 hours!
7. Seeing Iguazu falls......Nature is amazing!
8. Watching my dad be mission president. Holy Cow! No one would EVER volenteer for that job! Thats why they call people! He is amazing....not to mention all the stuff my mom does. And you should hear my mom speak spanish. She is soooo awesome!
9. The Ice Cream Parlor!! Quatro De! Dulce de Leche ice cream....AMAZING!
11. The cultural experience. They are INSANE drivers there! And the grocery store is definately interesting. Wow I am soooeooo grateful for WALMART!
12. Being humbled. I can't believe that people live with so little and are soooo happy. It really made me realize how much I have been blessed. Not only to live in the US but to have the gospel as well. It is amazing that no matter who you are or how much you have ......if you have the gospel you have EVERYTHING. I am so proud of my mom and dad. They are amazing! It makes me want to live my life so I can be and instrument in the Lords hands everyday. And it makes me realize that the gospel is the most important thing I can give my children and that I need to try harder to share it with those around me! I LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD! WE MISS YOU SOOO MUCH!
3 comments:
I wondered where you got your tan!
Missy! I finally got 5 minutes to sit down and it was soooo fun to see your blog about paraguay. It made me remember how great that trip was. Your easter pictures are also so cute!!! We need to hang out soon . . . maybe as soon as my sanity comes back - two kids are quite the adjustment! Love you guys!
You are so brave to take two kids to Paraguay. What a neat experience. I can't believe your dad is a mission president. That is so cool! I also loved your post about motherhood and the gospel. It is so neat to see people you know share the same beliefs and feelings you have. We need to get together soon!
Post a Comment