I just wanted to tell a quick little conference story.....I have been talking to Caitlyn a lot about Thomas S. Monson our new dear Prophet. When president Hinkley died we talked a lot about how he went to heaven and that we had a new prophet. I tried to explain in family night on monday that we need to follow what the prophet says because he tells us what Heavenly Father and Jesus want us to do. I told her that in conference we would be able to stand up and raise our hand.....and that meant that we would promise to follow what he said. So the time came on Saturday morning for conference... as soon as Caitlyn saw President Monson she was jumping up and down on the couch screaming "MOM IT'S PROPHET MONSON.....IT'S HIM......IT'S HIM!" IT WAS LIKE SHE WAS AT A ROCK CONCERT SHE WAS SO INSANE! CUTE INSANE THOUGH! She proceeded to hold up her hand with EVERY group to sustain him. It melted my heart. She would raise her little hand and wave it around madly and yell "I'll Follow the Prophet!....I'll follow the prophet"
It made me recommit to do so also. I really felt the spirit in conference confirm to my heart that he is the prophet of God. It is so comforting to me to know we have someone on the watch tower to warn us, guide us, and encourage us.
3 comments:
That is REALLY cute! Way to go Caitlyn.
My girls just laughed and laughed for hours after President Monson told the story about his wife putting a note that said for him not to touch the microwave. FOr some reason they thought that was the funniest thing they had ever heard! Now they think he is the funny prophet.
how sweet that was with Caitlyn, what faith and excitement she has. Wasn't that neat that we were able to be apart of that this weekend.
I am glad you are teaching your daughter better than I am. While we were watching conference Kylie said, "The prophet's in the box," when she saw the podium, because it reminded her of when she had watched Pres Hinckley's funeral and I told her he was in the coffin or box. Then she said, "He's ugly," referring to Pres. Monson, as I told her he was the knew prophet. I know she will come to love him and I felt the same spirit as we were able to sustain him. What a neat experience! I was so glad to hear from you and find your blog. We do need to get together. We don't do much, so we would love to hang out.
Post a Comment