Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ragnar Relay.....WASATCH BACK '08

Although the race was a month ago...I just swiped these pics from Mia's camera. So better late than never I guess! This was one of the craziest, hardest, things I have ever done!
30 hours or running and not sleeping for our 12 person team
(11 girls..one guy!!)

....180 miles from Logan to Park City!!
WE MUST BE NUTS!!!
(who wants to do it again next year?!!!!)

Here I am....at 4 am with my snazy RAGNAR jacket, I pod, and headlamp! I was the team captain and so planning it all about put me in the loony bin
( no I was not crazy before I SWEAR!) I vote Becky is the captain next time!


Here the START LINE in LOGAN!!! Ammon (our only guy...who looks just like JOSH GROBAN!!) is the one in the blue shirt in the middle. He runs a 6 minute mile!
GO TEAM!!
Here is Car #2!! (my car) That stupid window paint stayed on FOREVER! I finally got the last bits of TODAY ( over a month later!!)

Here is Mia...my best bud!! I would have quit half way through my last leg (the run of death) if it weren't for her and Jana! She is too beautiful after running and not sleeping all night!
Love ya MIA!!



Here I am receiving the "baton" which is a SLAP BRACELET!!! I was soooo excited to run!!Here is me, Mia, and Jesica trying to sleep in the park in Morgan. Poor Jeff was working the race and didn't sleep at all for 3 days! (oh and he dropped his work phone in the portapotty half way through the race....I wont tell you how he got it out!!!) I felt guilty curling up in my sleeping bag knowing he wasn't going to sleep at all!!

Me and Mia took a ride on the friendly neighborhood DINOSAUR!!
Here is just one breathtaking view......there were HUNDREDS! God sure is a great artist!!

We made friends with this massive white dog in the middle of a tiny town we ran through at 3 am! HE WAS HUGE! He ran with Jana for about a mile. We fed him some candy and Jerky!

Here we are crossing the finish line in our AWESOME capes!!

THE WHOLE TEAM!
Back: Carlie, Ammon, Christina, Jesica F.,Maxine, Jana T.(who I didn't know before the race)
Front: Mia(maria), Jana B,(my two friends from work) Missy, Sam, Jessie, Becky
(the last 3 are my sister in laws! Rebers RULE!!)
Team "Because I'm AWESOME!!"

We were awesome! I was so proud of us!!
I don't know if I'll ever have a chance to do this again but I am glad I did.
It was amazing how much determination it took to finish...
thanks for pushing me and inspiring me and putting up with me when I was grouchy! I wish that we could have spent more time with the runners in Car#1 (Sammy, Jes and Becky especially) but we were together in team spirit! And thanks to my Sister Camie and my brother Matt and his wife Katie for watching Jeffy and Caitlyn. I couldn't have done it without you!


As for my running career..........I've run a grand total of 3 times since the race. After looking at these pictures I vow to dust off my running shoes tomorrow! As wiped out as I am from being a mommy.......I really miss hearing my feet on the pavement and the feeling of my heart beating in time with my steps. I really do love to run....even if I'm not "a runner".

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Whatever, Missy! You are the runningest runner I have ever known! I don't know of anyone else who could force me to practice running hills in 95 degree weather, laughing all the while! You're the best! That was fun--let's NOT do it again! HAHA!

Castiel Moyes said...

I haven't ran....at all. I need to do that. I think I was boycotting it for a while but I think I am ready to start again.

KRISTIN BELL said...

It is such an accomplishment huh! I am glad you had fun;) Otherwise you'd make Jeff quit and we couldn't be friends huh;)
When are you moving? I REALLY need a running partner!

Anonymous said...

Hi Missy,
I was so excited to see your pictures of the Wasatch Back...my friends have talked me into doing it next year and I was terrified. (For good reason it looks like) But it also looks like it was so much fun! We need to get together again. Are you moving up this way yet?

DRP said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/promo-kartu-kredit-bca-di-jakarta/