Monday, July 14, 2008

BEWARE!!!!! My two consumer warnings!!

This is our fish tank....I know I know pretty SPECTACULAR! If you know my husband you'd know that this fish tank is considered small compared to his dream of having one big enough to SWIM in! So.......a couple of weeks ago we bought a CRAB! Yes a CRAB! Don't get me wrong I love to look at the fishies but don't even think about me cleaning the tank or touching a dead one! (I'm a nurse...you'd think I wouldn't be so squimish about FISH) anyhoo....The crab disappeared after a couple of days....so we just figured that it died and our MONSTER goldfish ate it! (YUCK)
But OH NO......I was doing dishes two weeks later and when I moved the last pot the crab jumped about a mile high I swear! I about peed my pants. I had to chase that stupid thing around the kitchen....me and my kids were all screaming and jumping! FINALLY I got it back in the tank and I promptly called my husband.....he laughed for a half hour!

To finish the LONG STORY.....the crab went missing again! OH CRAP! I should have refused to do the dishes until jeff found him. But.....this weekend Jeff was giving the tank a much needed cleaning and make over and guess who he found hiding in the FILTER? That stupid crab! It jumped out and ran ALL OVER MY KITCHEN! HA! PAYBACK!!!! I just sat back and laughed as Jeff tried to chase it! So....we got it back in the tank and you know what? Its been 24 hours and Its gone again! Moral of the story.....dont buy a CRAB!!!




WARNING.....YOU MAY WASH.....BUT DO NOT DRY!
These were Caitlyns FAVORITE "Rainbow Shoes!"......sadly I washed them(which I always do with my own CROCS that I wear to work) but one somehow snuck into the dryer! OH CRAP! One is now a baby shoe! Seriously its 2 inches smaller!! Poor Caitlyn...she was pretty upset about it! But...she got over it when I bought her new purple and pink glitter crocs! Anyway....Washing them works GREAT....just don't dry them!

2 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

That is really funny! What kind of crab did you get? Is is a hermit crab or like a real crab? That would freak me out as well. I could never hold Josey's hermit crabs even though everyone let them crawl all over them!

And who knew that crocs would shrink?!! I would never have guessed that.

Potter Family said...

i sorry that happend. haha it happends to every mom. how are you guys?