Friday, July 25, 2008

Bye Bye Baby Curls!!!

As we approach Jeffy's first birthday I am starting to get a little sad. He is getting to be such a big boy. My squishy yummy baby boy is growing up! Jeff (daddy) has been wanting to cut his "baby mullet" off for a couple of weeks now.....I on the other hand was having a hard time saying goodbye to his little baby curls. But....last weekend I gave in.

Here is my Jeffy Poo getting his FIRST BIG BOY HAIRCUT!


Jeff was sooo cute and careful! I was a nervous wreck! (what's new?)
I know is hard to tell ...but this is the beginning of the haircut... so check out his curls in the back!


I love how you can see his smiley little face in the mirror. He was so good.
I'm glad he wasn't traumatized....but I think I WAS!
(Oh and he is chewing on my fave lip gloss to keep busy!
The things we sacrifice for our children!! Sigh Sigh)
Ok so he looks like he hates his new haircut but he really was happy I swear!
Isn't his daddy so handsome though?
The side view...it's even tapered! Jeff is such a pro!
Thank heavens or Jeffy would have a mullet until he was 12 if I had to do it!
Bye Bye baby curls!!!
Are you supposed to save these? For being such a sentimental SCHMUCK ......
I was pretty quick to flush them down the toilet!!! Should I be sorry about that? NOOOO!
I am still freaked out that my mom saved my pony tail she cut off when I was 5!
Something is just cousin IT creepy about dead hair (it is dead right?).....
I mean come on.......its like saving the fingernail clippings!!!
Ok don't be offended anyone! If you want to save your baby's hair be my guest....
but it creeps me out!

6 comments:

The Dennis' said...

I am so scared to cut my sons hair, he is now 13 months and I am in love with his locks of blonde curls! I know I need to, just need a little more time, know what you mean, it's sad, it means they are growing up!!!

Looks handsome though :).

Alli said...

he looks so grown up! hehe. jeff... great job, how long did you have to go beauty school for? you are a pro! can't wait to see you guys soon

Kelsey said...

I still have never cut Aliah's hair and her 2nd birthday is on Tues. She has a major mullet, but if I cut it I can't put it in pony tails. Jeffy looks great though. I would have butchered it.

Bayles Family said...

What a good boy! I can't believe he sat still long enough to get it done. He looks super cute with his new hair cut :)

Castiel Moyes said...

He looks like such a big boy! He is adorable.
And I think it's just fine that you didn't save his hair. I mean really what are you supposed to do with old hair? Just look at it randomly and say oh I guess that was the color of my hair when I was one? Woopdedoo.

Stephanie said...

I guess I never thought it was creepy until right now. It is pretty gross when you think of it. Although I do have Jaxon's first haircut somewhere. I can't believe how big he is getting. So handsome!