Sunday, September 7, 2008

7 years ago.....Exactly!!

My cute husband suggested we take a trip to Idaho for our 6th Anniversary. If you are asking Idaho...WHY? Well...we met and fell in love there! We met seven years ago on September 5th. (Jeff remembered the date.....I didn't) So....thanks to Sam and Bryan for watching our little critters....we took a little trip this weekend. We spent Friday night in Idaho Falls at this Amazing hotel called Destinations Inn. We stayed in the Paris room. It was AMAZING! We went to Johhny Carino's (where we used to go when we were dating).

This is our RAD "Paris" themed room.....
complete with Mona Lisa, Eifle Tower Shower, and FOUTAIN!

It was so beautiful I didn't want to leave! Not to mention room service
and NO KIDS!!
(ok....he is way to cute for me!)
Saturday we spent in Rexburg walking around campus at BYU-Idaho.
It brought back sooooo many memories for both of us. Jeff even rememebered where all the cute girls lived his Freshman year (before the mission) Yeah...like I wanted to know that......here are the highlights......

Jeff's old apartment Sommerset #212
That is the EXACT spot that we first hugged!!

This is us reliving our First Kiss!!
In the exact spot it happened!
(and you can't even tell Jeff is holding the camera can you!!)
Jeff at the Baseball field!!!
Here is the Captain of the 2001-2002 Ricks College Baseball Team
Isn't he so sexy! ( I love to BRAG!)
I have to admit this was the ONLY time I teared up all weekend. Seeing him standing there was like seeing him for the first time all over again. I watched him play on those bleachers rain, snow, sleet, torrential winds, or sunshine. I loved watching him play and I know he misses it so much. He stopped playing after we got married to focus on school and it was a BIG sacrifice.
Baseball will always be Jeff'f first love!
and I sure do miss him in those tight baseball pants!!
Hillcrest Apt #93!!
My apartment when we met!!

Me in the Clark Building basement (aka the dungeon)
I spent so many hours here in nursing classes! There was a sign on the board about scenarios and I about fainted in relief that I NEVER have to do THAT AGAIN!!
There is my picture on the wall in the Nursing department. (Lisa's in it too!)
Besides marrying Jeff...becoming a Nurse was the best decision I ever made.
I am so glad I have Nursing in my life
...even if I never want to go through it again!
(Oh and Mia....I found YOUR picture too!!)

This one's for the GIRLS!!!
Its CRAIGOS!!! Or whats left of it!!
They moved to a new location downtown (sooo not as cool!) and are in the process of riping this one down. I had to take a picture cause it wont be standing next time I visit. Remember almost getting kicked out of there cause we were so loud (playing phase 10!)??
Ohhh..memories. And I sooo miss their cheese bread!!

Dont worry...I gave it a big hug goodbye for all of us! Boooo Hooooo!!



So much has changed in Rexburg. They even have a temple now!
Campus is about the same though! Except that the testing center moved out of that horrid dungeon underpass by the library....and there are about 5 new bulidings. I am glad to report they still do rollerskating from 5- 10 pm every monday above the bookstore!!


Here is our attempt to get a picture of us with the BYU-Idaho sign.
We were the first graduating class of BYU-Idaho!!
(thats going to make us sound really OLD someday!!)


THE FINALE!!!!
This is the exact field we met on....and there we are seven years later TO THE DAY!
CUUUUUTE!

(oh and then on the way out of town we ate at the Mongolian Grill
...it was like serious dejavu!)

Saturday night we went back to Salt Lake and stayed at the Marriott Downtown. We had an amazing view of the temple (where we got married!!) thanks to Jeff's request. (he is so sweet!) We walked around the Gateway and ate at PF Changs (where we ate the seccond night after we were married waiting to fly out for our honeymoon!) Then we walked around temple sqaure.


It was such a perfect weeekend
. I
t was so fun to just be all ooey gooey and in love again. (not that we don't love eachother all the time but...real life is well.....real life!!) We realized that it has been 2 and a half YEARS since we went somewhere alone for more than 4 hours!! SAD! So....untill next time (after our next baby...which we have not yet concieved.... is one....) I love you Jeff. I had the time of my life. I couldn't be married to a better man or love you any more!

6 comments:

KRISTIN BELL said...

You guys are so stinkin cute! Tell Jeff to rub some of that romanticism off on Tanner! What a fun weekend! Congrats on 7 years and 2 BEAUTIFUL kiddies.....now sell your dang house and move up here!

Stephanie said...

Wow! Who knew Jeff was so romantic! Reading this made me miss Jeff. I was involved in a lot of those memories (well, not directly involved, but I went to a baseball game or two), and I haven't seen the kid in forever! Tell him hi for me. And I can't believe that all happened 7 years ago! Crazy

Kelsey said...

That is the sweetest post ever! I want all those romantic memories of Ricks. I tried to get Spence to take me there a couple of weeks ago, but he wouldn't go for it. Rexburg just doesn't sound appealing to someone who's never known the joy of Ricks. I'm traumatized about Craigo's. I worked there! Do you remember? I've got to get there before it's too late. Thanks for hugging it goodbye for me.

Erin said...

It was so cool to see places in Rexburg again. What a fun trip you guys had!!!

Jessica McCann said...

How fun! I love the Paris room. I love reliving the good old days. That is one reason I loved the Twilight series. It brought back all those feelings of being head over heals for Marc (don't worry I still am.) It's like you said, life is real life and sometimes I forget for a moment how I really feel. Anyway, you guys are so cute! We really need to get together!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I love the idea of going back to where you guys met. And reading your memories brought back so many of my own Rexburg memories. Oh Ricks was so much fun. I truly do miss that place with no worries and so much wreckless immaturity. Troy and I started orur love story there too. Only I didn't spend my time at the baseball field, instead I was down at the livestock center watching Troy rope.