Sundays should be my favorite day of the week...sleep in...hubby home....feeling the spirit at church....HA! Right! Day of rest my eye! I was up all night last night with kids who refused to sleep...hence I was GROUCHY today and so were the tired kids! So...I ended up taking Jeffy home to put him down for a nap. So, since I had the house to myself I watched a movie on my DVR that Jeff has refused to watch "The Christmas Shoes!" I bawled through the entire thing! If you thought the song was a tear jerker...watch the movie! So...since the mom dies in the end of the show I vowed to appreciate my family for the rest of the day.
So...as sunday late afternoon rolls around..we were wresting with the kids on the floor (you know making "daddy sandwiches" and playing blast off into space!) So Jeff and Caitlyn are piled on top of me and I'm laughing.....and Jeffy goes into hysterics! He comes over and is trying to push Jeff off of me! He totally must have thought they were hurting me...so he comes over and lays his little tear filled face on my chest. So sweet! He does love his mommmy!
And one more funny thing.....Caitlyn, Jeff and I were all dogpiled and Caitlyn says "we're a Sandwich and Daddy is the TURKEY!" (I've been saying that for years!) so we asked her what she was..... "the HAM!" (of course her favorite food since age 1) and guess what I was....The tomato! Yes! I love tomatoes! And we decided Jeffy is the Sprouts! So.....now we still need two pieces of bread, a pickle, and some cheese! How many kids is that? Maybe we can include all our fish! So...here is my question....WHAT'S ON YOUR FAMILY SANDWICH?
Last thing.....Caitlyn went to Sunbeams today. I was sort of sad I wasn't there to jump up and down for her when we picked her up. She is sort of shy and has a hard time with transition so I was glad they are transitioning her this month from nursery. But...of course I missed the chance to spy on her during her first sharing time. (Jeff is sweet and called me right away!) I know she'll do great because she is totally in love with this little boy Tyler in our ward...and he is moving up with her! And...my mom was right...since she already knows all the primary songs..she felt right at home! It makes me sorta sad...my baby girl is in primary! Where did the time go?
Thats all..........Happy Sunday!
4 comments:
Oh my goodness we totally do family sandwich too!!! I thought we made that up! Good times. We don't dog pile though, we just have gigantic group hugs.
We do dog piles and group hugs and tickle tortures. I think we'll do a sandwich soon.
And Jeffy is so sweet to want to make sure you are ok.
Seriously!! Don't you just wish you could sleep all through sunday sometimes? It is so hard!
Right now we just do Maci Sandwichs a.k.a "Schwimp sandwiches".... Speaking of which....are you pregs?
And by the way we went up to the Hill's cabin this weekend and I REALLY wished you guys were there :)
Sundays aren't a day of rest for me either. Brent is gone pretty much the whole day and I don't get to listen much to sacrament since we I have to walk the halls with Michael. I guess when my kids are grown I can enjoy church again.
Post a Comment