By 8 am this morning I had said "NO!" at least 18 times...gotten Jeffy out of a suicide mission of tiptoeing across the counter to feed the fish his breakfast 6 times....got Jeff off to Hunters Safety( with all the 11 yr olds hahahaha!)......wrestled Jeffy into a diaper change and gotten kicked in three of his full blown screaming fits. (not getting to dump out the whole box of crackers is SOOOO infuriating!)
Then...Caityn woke up. "IIIII'M AWAAAAAAKE MOOOOOOOM" from the stairwell...."where is Jazzie's lazer mom? I hid it here behind the couch pillow (surely from her brother) and IT'S NOT HERE!!! WHERE IIIIIS IIIIIIT!" Perfect! Once she get fixated on something NOTHING else matters until its resolved. (she's a little OCD) So...here comes the searching under the couch cushions with all the toys and popcorn....remind me to clean under there... WHEN I HAVE TIME! HA!
It's 8:35 and thanks to the SPROUT channel....I am whining on "the BLOG" . To my credit I did manage to thumb through 17 pages of PARENTING magazine...which makes me feel...well...AS NORMAL AS POSSIBLE. I thought I would share the highlights....
A REALLY CUTE Children's Place Spring Ad. (my kids never look like that by the time I take the blasted picture!!)
A Gummy Multivitamin... FOR ADULTS AD. AWESOME! Finally someone figured out that I was eating a double dose of my kids gummy vitamins cause they taste WAY better! Maybe now I can get my appropriate dose!!
A Vacuum ad...with little feet on perfectly clean WHITE CARPET! NO MOM IS THAT GULLIBLE! US NORMAL PEOPLE WOULD NEVER BUY WHITE CARPET!!
Aveeno Body Wash Ad..."healthier skin every time you shower" Does it still work if you only shower every 3 days!?!!
A Pledge Multisurface Cleaner Ad " Clean MORE..FASTER!" Now that's GOOD advertising! But does it clean snotty noses and poopy bums?
An article on kids who bite....Jeffy bit me yesterday...looked me in the face and laughed.....So YES I READ THE DANG ARTICLE!! At the end it talks about watching the bite for signs of infection.....great!! THAT'S JUST WHAT I NEEDED TO HEAR!!
and THIS...................My PERSONAL FAVORITE (I ripped it out and put it on my fridge)
4 Reasons You'll be TIRED Tomorrow!!
1. No one ever invented a baby monitor that transmits only the cries that MATTER.
..instead of every snuffle and whimper!
2. Why sleep when you can get sucked into other people's dramas on a message boards (or can I say Facebook/Blogs!!)
3. Your Dora loving toddler is going to wake you up extraordinarily early and shout
"Buenos Dias!!"
4. Because your a mom. A good one!
Now for my own......
my husband ( you know what I mean ;)
My kitten Jazzie playing with the springy doorstop at 2 am
My 3 year old had a "silly dream"
My 3 year old will only go potty in the upstairs bathroom
My 3 yr old has a tummy ache
My 3 yr old's pillow fell off the bunkbed and she cant climb the ladder if she's holding it
My three year olds night light (1 of 3) burnt out
The kitten is in my 3 yr olds room...bugging her (what YOU want to sleep? ME TOO!)
You get the gist....I thought when my baby wasn't a baby I'd be able to sleep....Nope
Good Morning Everyone.
I just ate 8 goldfish crackers, 1/3 of Jeffy's smores granola bar, and 1/2 a handful of Lucky Charms for breakfast.............
I am now cuddled on the couch with my two kids (and my laptop) watching Bob the Builder.
I'm tired!
How about you?
All of you out there with more kids than me.........props to you. You're my Heros!
I love you all! (especially Becky!! Congrats on your 5th baby Becks. LOVE U!)
And to my mother and mother in law......
I keep chanting.....If she can do it SO CAN I!!
You are my inspirations!
1. No one ever invented a baby monitor that transmits only the cries that MATTER.
..instead of every snuffle and whimper!
2. Why sleep when you can get sucked into other people's dramas on a message boards (or can I say Facebook/Blogs!!)
3. Your Dora loving toddler is going to wake you up extraordinarily early and shout
"Buenos Dias!!"
4. Because your a mom. A good one!
Now for my own......
my husband ( you know what I mean ;)
My kitten Jazzie playing with the springy doorstop at 2 am
My 3 year old had a "silly dream"
My 3 year old will only go potty in the upstairs bathroom
My 3 yr old has a tummy ache
My 3 yr old's pillow fell off the bunkbed and she cant climb the ladder if she's holding it
My three year olds night light (1 of 3) burnt out
The kitten is in my 3 yr olds room...bugging her (what YOU want to sleep? ME TOO!)
You get the gist....I thought when my baby wasn't a baby I'd be able to sleep....Nope
Good Morning Everyone.
I just ate 8 goldfish crackers, 1/3 of Jeffy's smores granola bar, and 1/2 a handful of Lucky Charms for breakfast.............
I am now cuddled on the couch with my two kids (and my laptop) watching Bob the Builder.
I'm tired!
How about you?
All of you out there with more kids than me.........props to you. You're my Heros!
I love you all! (especially Becky!! Congrats on your 5th baby Becks. LOVE U!)
And to my mother and mother in law......
I keep chanting.....If she can do it SO CAN I!!
You are my inspirations!
6 comments:
I only have one and almost thought I could think about handling more sometime in the near future....I may change my mind. But you made me laugh so at least your crappy morning made mine a little better! THANKS!
I will tell you what I would do even though I KNOW you won't do this. Get rid of the monitor. Your babies are old enough to sleep through the night and just set an alarm for you at 7 am and then if they are awake then, go get them. Also, get to bed before eleven then you will feel so much better and your babies will be better rested too!
I feel your pain, Missy...even though you definitely have it worse than I do right now. I get woken up once a night by my 4 yr. old getting into my bed (sometimes screaming). My kids are big enough to get themselves cereal and watch cartoons until I want to get up...but they usually thrash the kitchen each morn. Hang in there.
That made me laugh, although it scares me to have a second. There are so many up and down days with kids. Luckily they won't be little forever.
your so funny. I like the articles from the parenting magizine. Just remember that they will be old someday and you will miss those mornings.
Missy,
Seriously, keeping your kids asleep would get harder...I woke up at 3 am to Livi telling me her ear hurt because she put popcorn in it last night...Popcorn in the ear! That's a new one. Love the kids.
Post a Comment