Saturday afternoon...after working Friday night and sleeping for a few hours I was about to walk out the door to take the kids to Mcdonalds to get an ice cream. SOME ONE KNOCKED ON MY DOOR!! (lets be honest here....I rolled my eyes and thought GREAT!! I am SO not in the MOOD to talk to ANYONE!!!) This is what I get for being Grinchy
.......IT WAS SANTA ON MY DOORSTEP!!! YEP! SANTA!
Jingle bells, boots, beard and all. (ok it was our sweet bishop...dressed up as santa)
Ummmmm...I promise Santa .....I've been good......sortof =)
Doesn't he look so polite?? haha. right.
This was the picture Caitlyn drew of Santa that morning...and she got to give it to him in PERSON!
Isn't my husband so cute....He just wanted to tell Santa what he wanted.
Guesses?? A million dollars =)
LOOK AT WILLS FACE.........hahahaha! so funny!
What a TREAT for our kids!!!!
Speaking of Treats..........
I have ALWAYS wanted to make homemade gingerbread houses with the kids. So I got up the courage and just did it. Was it a HUGE MESS??? and a HUGE EFFORT to be PATIENT???
YES!
but it was worth it....and I have already been forced to PROMISE to do it again next year. So I guess thats it.
New Family tradition from 2010
Gingerbread house!!!!
DO I look RELAXED????
Yes....that is a HUGE WAD OF COOKIE DOUGH! Kinda cute...pretty GROSS!
She was doin' a great job....she LOVES to bake and be CREATIVE!!
Ps: HOW CUTE IS HER SMURFETTE SHIRT??
Jeffy is not so enthused by baking.....he prefers large boxes.
Jeff entertained us by singing along to "Christmas Radio" on Pandora!
.......QUITE ENTHUSIASTICALLY ...I might add.
Oh how I LOVE THIS MAN! He makes me laugh everyday!!!
Jeff concentrating VERY HARD on the engineering!CUUUUUTE! Me n the kiddos!
Unwrapping Jeffy's 12th peice of candy. Yep...I fed the boys candy to keep them quiet so Caitlyn and I could actually decorate the HOUSE!Wills eating dinner BEFORE eating 30 m n m's
Yeah....AFTER. I'm a great mom. LOL.
He bought himself a BATH! Aww. He's so CUTE!FINISHED PRODUCT!! and one PROUD SISSY!
Jeff's Idea.....Gingerbread man swimming pool...with his friend laughing at him. LOL
Last Tradition.....
We (caitlyn and I...the boys don't care) make a homemade ornament for our tree every year
......this year.....
TOILET PAPER ROLL STARS!
Very Cute! And cost effective....and good for the environment.
The END.
See....I'm feeling less GRINCHY already.
=)
4 comments:
what a cute bishop.. And you are such an amazing mom. You are always doing such fun things with the fam.Your gingerbread house turned out really cute. P.S. I really like your red hair.
That doesn't sound grinchy to me! Look at all those fun Christmas things you are doing! That looked so fun. I haven't praved making my own gingerbread....maybe I will give it a try. You have inspired me.
You did great! I bought a kit. I will likely never make real gingerbread. Oh well. One more reason to idealize you!
Love the house and ornaments you guys made! Can't wait til Kingston is big enough to do stuff like this with me. :)
Post a Comment