Friday Jeff helped his dad replace their water heater (he's so handy) and the kids and I spent the afternoon digging in the dirt lot next to their house looking for bugs!
Saturday Caitlyn knew exactly where she wanted to go "CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN!!!!"
apparently when the ancient sea disappeared this was a low spot so all sorts of minerals pooled here...thousands of years and a lot of pressure and walah! CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN!! Caitlyn filled her bucket with Crystals to bring back and kept saying "my cousins are going to be sooo jealous" Are we sure she is turning 4 in May and not 14???
Jeffy loves rocks and looked under everyone he could lift and said "Bugs???"
He loves bugs...and DIRT!
Lookin' for Rocks n' Bugs!!
In the early afternoon while Jeffy was taking a nap Jeff and I went on a very long bike ride...besides getting momentarily lost and me almost running into a tree (leave it to me!) It was so fun to go on an adventure ALONE!!!He loves bugs...and DIRT!
We also played at the most amazing Park....which I dont have pictures of because I felt like a chicken with my head cut off trying to keep my two kids from jumping off all the playground equipment!
Sunday we were headed home and decided to feed the ducks at the Golf Course before we left. Caitlyn spent the entire time feeding this beautiful Swan who she was CONVINCED was princess Odette from the Swan Princess.
Jeffy just wanted to throw rocks in the pond. Until he lost his balance and fell in HEAD FIRST. Apparently arms length is too far away for me to be from him! Crazy little boy. It was a horrifying moment for me to see my little toddler disapear under the murky water. Lets just say I ended up soaked after jumping in after him and holding him soaking wet while he sobbed. It was a horrible experience for me. I cried....and have had nightmares the past few days of him drowning or getting lost. Ironically....the minute we put him in the car...stripped down to his diaper.....he started asking "DUCKS? DUCKS?" PLEASE!! You can NOT POSSIBLY WANT TO GO BACK THERE??? I sure dont! Darn Ducks!........not to mention my Father in law and my husband got the pleasure of hearing me say a "choice word". Cause thats not horrifying enough! We had to go back to Grandpa's house and give him a bath. I considered calling the pediatrician for antibotics because WHO KNOWS what horrible bacteria are festering in that pond.
It was a lovely mini vacation!! Hopefully Spring finds its way to Provo in the near future. Although we won't be visiting the duck pond around here any time soon =(
1 comment:
Those ducks freak me out! They chase you down. Going by yourself with 2 small children is never a good idea I found out.
Glad you got to enjoy the weather and have a nice escape.
And I would deny saying a "choice word" unless one of the kids pick it up. Then...blame it on dad!
Post a Comment