Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mothers Day

As this special day approaches I am so full of gratitude. A mother is so many things. There are so many times since becoming a mother that I have been so full of Joy and also so full of frustration. It has been my biggest blessing and my biggest struggle. I always knew I wanted to be a mother. Now I know that no matter how tired I am or how fat I get or how many times I have go through labor...it is the name with which I love to be called and one which I hope I will be remembered.

To all the Mothers in my life......

Heavenly Mother
Words can not express the tenderness in my heart. I know that every good atribute of all the Mothers in the world was divinely gifted to us from you.

Mother Eve
For making the choice to partake of the fruit and thus give life to us all. An opportunity for eternal grandness.

Mother Mary
For bearing the most precious gift of all, the Son of God. I can not imagine the many feelings in your heart as you must have held Him, taught Him, and loved Him. And I can not fathom the heartache as you watched the world reject Him and crucify Him. We can only honor you for your noble example to us all of what a mother should be by being as much like Him as we possibly can.

My Mother
For bearing me, and bearing with me.
Through every wiggly...shrieking...grouchy...crazy...moment of my childhood. For your love and support as I have grown into being a mother myself. Your example gives me courage and comfort as I face the day to day tasks of being a mother...and makes me feel like I'm going to eventually not just survive...... but succeed. I love you with all my heart. Every bit of you!

My Mother in Law
For giving me my best friend and preparing him to become the amazing Father and husband that he is. For welcoming me with open arms as the ONLY daughter in law you will ever have. Your kindness, support, and love. For loving my children. Thank you will never be enough.

My Best Friends Mothers
Sue, Ardy, Karen, Melinda. Thank you for mothering me even though I was not your own. You each have taught me things that I cherish.

My Sister
You are the greatest sister I could ever have wished for. Thank you for helping realize that I don't have to do everything and that I am a good mom "because I care...and I keep on trying". I would not have survived the last 4 years without your advice and shoulder to "scream on". I love pairing socks and folding laundry with you over a diet coke (or pepsi for you GROSS) I love you Camel!

My Sister in Laws
What an amazing bunch of Women. I was terrified to marry Jeff and forever be the ONLY sister in law. I will never be able to thank you for making me "a sister" from the day I became a Reber (but hahaha Sam is a Bradley now!!!) I love you all. Your friendship and advice over the years has meant so much to me. Thanks for not thinking I am gross for kissing your brother =)

My Friends
Sarah, Kelsey, Steph, Lisa, and Maria
You were all sent to me to keep me ALIVE!! I would not be here without you! Thank you for your love, forgiveness, and listening ears! You are all such great examples to me in your own ways. I love you all!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks Mel. When I read my mothers name, I couldn't stop the tears from coming. Mother's day is always just a little bit hard for me, and it's amazing to think that someone else is out there thinking about my mom. Man, I can't imagine the hug your going to get from her when we're all in heaven together. I love you Missy. Thank you.

(now I have to go reapply my makeup for church. Oops!)

Kelsey said...

So well put! I could just ditto what Steph wrote. You're such a sweet friend to care about our moms the way you do. I've honestly never felt more honored then when I read that YOU honored her in your blog. Thank you!