Monday, May 4, 2009

Sometimes my emotions get the best of me.....

Ballerina Baby.....
My Caitlyn...She is the sweetest and the most stubborn little thing. This year has been one of monumental steps forward for her. She has always been pretty shy and afraid to try new things...so as the end of the year (school year)approaches I found myself overwhelmed with pride to see how much she has accomplished. In the Fall we started preschool...and after much begging (and relinquishing my checkbook!!) she started ballet in January.

Watching her in dance last week I seriously choked up. She went from sitting by the wall....to leaping and pirouettes. She is actually much more coordinated and self diciplined than I was at that age! I love this picture of her in her beloved tutu and PURPLE leotard.
Pirrouette!!"Mrs. Amber" is amazing. She is so creative and really brings out the best in each child. I asked her on the first day what caitlyn should wear "whatever makes her feel MAGICAL!!" was her reply. I can't express how much it means when teachers reach out to my child and help her grow. Both her dance and Preschool teacher have been so amazing!Follow the leader.....

Her dance show and Preschool graduation are in a couple weeks and I'm nervous that she wont go on stage. But, nonetheless....I am so proud of how much she has grown into herself this year. I can't believe she is almost 4!! She has even stopped growling at strangers in the grocery store and occasionally responds when someone asks her name.....WOW!


Brother and Sister...

I was not sure if Caitlyn would EVER decide to like her baby brother. After all she did say "Tell Jesus to take him back" after he was born!! But...almost two years later she has developed an "on and off" affection for the little tag a long....
This picture melts my heart!! She has grown into be quite a good big sister. She even helps me sing Jeffers to sleep every night and often employs hims as "the daddy" in her make believe sagas. Although...she has informed me that we will have a girl baby next....if not...God will be SURE to send TWINS. A boy and a girl ...just like Dora! (dang tv) Great! Just what I need!


Father and Son


This is such a random picture...at the mall food court. But the situation surrounding in caused me to tear up when I really looked at in perspective. Jeffy was really sick the weekend we took this picture. He had a high fever and just wanted JEFF! I think as a mother it is easy to sometimes be offended that your child wants Daddy more than you....especially when they are sick. But...we took Caitlyn to a movie this day and Jeffers just layed in Jeffs arms. He wouldn't even eat that tiny ice cream cone. (am I a bad mom for taking him to the movie sick?? It is seriously the only time he sits still)

So when I looked closely at this picture it brought me to tears. I love the way Jeffy is smiling up in adoration at his daddy and how Jeff's head is tilted down towards his. They have such a special bond and it melts me. I was overwhelmed with emotion the day I bore my husband a son (after all he grew up in the middle of four girls...no brothers)....but as time has progressed I grow even more emotional as I watch their realtionship develop. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful loving husband who is an amazing father to my children.

4 comments:

BethReberFrancis said...

I LOVE all of the pictures! Caitlyn looks adorable in her tutu and purple! I can't wait to come up and see you all.
Love,Mom

Sarah said...

Getting emotional huh, maybe you're pregnant.

KRISTIN BELL said...

How sweet...proof that being a Mom really is the Best!!

Justin & Heather said...

I absolutely love the first pic of her in the tutu! It looks so artsy! and I love the picture of "the boys" together, what a cute father son moment.