Monday, May 11, 2009

Special Delivery!!!

Saturday Jeff "ran to Home Depot" to get "propane for the BBQ" (which he actually did). But...he came home with a mothers day surprise for me!! I have to say he get props for the use of the "delivery boy" which about melted my heart away!

He could barely carry them!
My Beautiful wild flower bouquet!
Mushy side note: the first time Jeff bought me flowers after we got married he bought wildflowers. His reasoning: "you're not a roses kind of a girl!!" "they are too normal"
At first I was offended! What?? so that makes me "special???!?" (before then..my all time favorite flowers were yellow roses!!) But...over the years he has kept buying them. I love them more and more each time. And have since learned that it was a HUGE compliment. Everytime I see wild flowers I think...Jeff thinks I'm pretty special! In a good way =)! And it means the world to me!


Sunday Jeff got up and made me French toast (with WHITE BREAD....oh no I sinned!) My absolute favorite! And with REAL BACON (not that nasty turkey stuff) and orange juice to boot! Too bad we had 9 AM CHURCH so I didn't get to sleep in! (but I did sleep in Saturday morning)
The "men" of the ward took over in the nursrey the last hour so I actually got to GO TO RELIEF SOCIETY! Ahhhh...the delight of sitting and LISTENING to the lesson and feeling the spirit.

Then we came home and attempted to take a nap...which caitlyn interrupted 4 times because she had diarrhea and her movie was over =(. So....finally after falling asleep and being woken up multiple times we finally got up. Ok Jeff did. He then baracaded himself and the children in the "reading room" I wondered what they were doing!!??!
And whalah!! This was the result. 3 of the most wonderful homemade mothers day cards! I was then a big weeping mess! Thanks honey!


Jeffy's, Jeff's and Caitlyn's

Move over Hallmark!


This one was my Favorite! Its from Jeffy (made by daddy) It says "Mommysaurus....you are Dinolicious and terradactariffic!" The inside was the best part "I love you mommy. Thanks for finding all my bibi's" (pacifiers) I will say...I am quite the efficient pacifier finder (my secret....WALMART ALWAYS HAS MORE!!!)

It was a lovely Mothers Day (especially since I got put on call and didnt have to go to work!! How dumb am I for being schedulled on MOTHERS DAY!!) I even got to sit and enjoy my delicious strawberry shotcake without hurrying to get ready for work!

1 comment:

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

I love the dino card! It's so cute and definitely could be a Hallmark classic. :)