Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Caitlyn Joy!

I can't believe our CJ is FOUR! Where did the time go?? (oh...well I think at least 33% has been spent in time out) =) Caitlyn is a strong willed, creative, silly, ball of energy. We love her so much!

This is the Birthday BREAKDOWN.

RISE AND SHINE

7 am and she was up begging me to paint her toe nails for the big day! Grandma Beth flew up for the weekend and brought her this awesome nail art kit. We finally settled on pink toes with white polka dots. They were so cute I almost wanted to paint my own!!

BUILD A BEAR
Caitlyn has a thing for furry friends. Heaven knows I tried and tried to to talk her into a bike for her birthday but she had her heart set on this particular bear at BUILD A BEAR. And to be honest, we have visited that bear at the mall at least once a week for the past six weeks. (props to me for being a frugal mom and making her wait for her birthday to buy it) Not to mention these bears are NOT CHEAP. So...this is all she got from mom and dad this year. Oh and a party. Which is also not so cheap.
We've got the bear, and the birthday song to put in .............
stuffin' the bear!
Givin the bear a bath!!
Dressing the bear....no comments on how tired I look please.
The end result.....introducing LOVING HEART BEAR!!!! Dressed just like Caitlyn would dress herself!! =) (Including Pink tie dye panties!!! So funny!)

PARTY TIME!!
Originally Caitlyn wanted a Wizard of Oz party.....but she changed to Care Bears and I was relieved. The cake was WAY less intimidating =)
Self explanatory =)
Funshine Bear and Tenderheart Bear!!
Gettin' their Care Bear Costumes on!!! So Cute!
Wish Bear!!!
Good Luck Bear!!
Playing "Musical Clouds"
(Isaac, Brooklyn, Lucy Hiatt, Jack Hiatt, CJ, Bradley, Eli, Amme J)Explaining the rules for the Rainbow Lolipop Garden to all the little Care Bears
Pickin' Rainbow Lolipops!!
Cheer Bear (Brooklyn) showing off her treasure!!
My AWESOME Hubby getting it all on video!!
Pretty happy little birthday Girl!!
CAKE TIME!!
My Masterpeice!!
Its hard to tell.....but it was AWESOME!
Caitlyn was too shy so I had to blow out the candles!
The CARE BEAR CREW!!
Love from beloved "Grammy"
"grumpy Bear" enjoying his rainbow sucker
...regardless of his poor bloodshot eyes from allergies!
Presents!!! Thanks Everyone!

Its was a really fun party; despite everyone having allergies and the huge amount of mosquitoes, it was a success.

That night we went to Pizza Factory for dinner and they made Caitlyn a FREE #4 shaped pizza!!! Our cameras were all out of batteries but it was fun. By the end of the day we were all EXHAUSTED! Now Caitlyn is already asking what we are doing for Jeffrey's birthday in August. Personally I don't even want to think about the fact the she is 4 and he is going to be 2! It's CRAZY!
Add Image

7 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

How FUN! I wish we lived closer. Your cake is TO DIE FOR!!! I need you to make my girls birthday cakes next time! I can't believe how old she is. And her hair is SO long I love it! Good job mommy! Parties are so much work but so worth it when you look back at the pictures and hopefully the memories.

Stephanie said...

Looks like a rockin' party. It's sad for me to see Kelsey and Sarah there! It makes me want my kids to be there too! Maybe someday. Your cake turned out beautifully. I'm very impressed.

Sarah said...

The cake did look great, I may recruit you to make my kids birthday cakes since I can't do anything cool like that.

Katie Bradley said...

Your such an amazing mommy! I just hope my kids don't soon realize how incompetent their mom is compared to their aunt! We just love hanging out with you guys. Swimming was so fun today, let's do it again soon!

Justin & Heather said...

What an amazing birthday party...costumes....wow! and that was one intensely cute cake!

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

I LOVE that cake! The rainbow was the perfect touch! And did you make all of those costumes???

Jess said...

I love the party! Wowwy, wow, I wish I had a little girl, LOL... I love the cake the most, it's beautiful... enjoy four, it's so so so much fun, I loved it... I'm sad it's gone :)