I am tempted to not write anything....because once I start I will end up bawling. BUT.....I can't let this day go by without expressing my gratitude for the sweet relationship I share with my dad. He instilled in me a love for the gospel, for myself and for service. The memories are many and the emotions tender. I only thank my heavenly Father for blessing my life with such a man. Now that I have a daughter I have really realized how influential and crucial it is for a girl to have a loving, supportive father. Fun?? Spontaneous? That was moms job ....although I PRIDE myself on being the child in the family to get dad to let down his "Fun shield". Thank you for being such an amazing father...and instilling in me the desire to find such a great man for myself and to be a father to my own children.
To My Jeff.....
Once again it is hard to express my love and gratitude for the love of my life. Parenthood has been a journey. It will be and eternal one. But you face it with so much confidence and faith in the Lord that it daily inspires me. You are everything and more that I wished for. For myself...but especially for our children.
I thought my heart would burst with love the day I placed each our children in your arms. But I am continually amazed as you love our children daily and help them grow. They adore you. I adore you. You deserve everything....but I GUESS I will just give you what you asked for........
HUGS and KISSES times infinity. Happy Fathers Day Honey!
Side note: Caitlyn made the cutest book a couple weeks ago. She wrote on the front...(yes she wrote it I told her how to spell the words)
"What I love about Daddy"
by Caitlyn Reber
by Caitlyn Reber
"I love daddy because he bought me "Jazz" for Christmas"
"I love going to get slurpees and to get new fishies on Saturday"
"I want to go to the circus with my dad" (random?!)
" I love looking for bugs at the park"
" I love riding in Daddy's car"
"Someday will with be together forever in Heaven"
"I love going to get slurpees and to get new fishies on Saturday"
"I want to go to the circus with my dad" (random?!)
" I love looking for bugs at the park"
" I love riding in Daddy's car"
"Someday will with be together forever in Heaven"
I wish I would have scanned in her 4 yr old illustrations cause they were so darling!
Here is a montage of my favorite pictures of Jeff this year!
He saves us a lot of money (and trauma) by cutting Jeffy's hair
Jelly Belly Factory, Aug 08
Mr Handsome and Miss Grumpy Sam and Bry's Wedding, Aug 08
Reliving our first kiss,
Rexburg ID Sept 08
Playing Lincoln Logs, Christmas Eve 08
Introducing Jazzie to Caitlyn Christmas Morning 08
Teaching Caitlyn to Bowl
Snow FIGHT!! Feb '09
Cuddlin' Jeffers
Lookin' for Rock and Bugs "Crystal mountain", St George UT
Teaching CJ to play soccer Provo Canyon, March? '09
IKEA!
Dyeing Easter Eggs!!
Bug Hunting at the Park
Easter '09
Sharing an Ice cream at the Mall
Caitlyn's First Ballet recital May '09
Dinosaur Museum Thanksgiving Point, May '09
Cj's 4th Birthday Party May '09
Rexburg ID Sept 08
Easter '09
No comments:
Post a Comment