Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thoughts....about Christmas....being pregnant....and Christmas being pregnant.

I was reading Christmas stories to the kids the other day and some how I can across the explanation that Mary and Joseph had to travel 65 miles to Bethlehem to pay their taxes. As I have thought about that more........

here were my thoughts.....

1. I hate Taxes

2. Traveling when 9 months pregnant....NOT FUN

3. Traveling 65 miles on DONKEY 9 months PREGNANT...for what probably would have take at least what 3 days......UNIMAGINABLY HORRIBLE! I CAN EVEN FATHOM HOW AWFUL THIS WOULD BE!!!!! (not to mention knowing you were only going to PAY TAXES!)

4. NO WONDER MARY HAD THE BABY IMMEDIATELY AFTER ARRIVAL IN BETHLEHEM! Seriously!!! That would put ANYONE into labor!!! Can you imagine!!! Her back must have been killing her!!!!!

5. Wow. I was feeling pretty fat and miserable trying to survive this Christmas season....now I can just be grateful that I have a soft bed to sleep in and CAR to drive!!
I will NEVER read that story again without thinking about how really difficult the journey must have been for Mary.

6. I am so so grateful to the Lord for sending his beloved Son to earth to save us all. I can't imagine the feelings Mary and Joseph must have felt that night as they looked into his sweet face. All newborns are full of light and the spirit of the Lord....but I can't even imagine. To look into the face of the Savior as an infant. To know that, as helpless as he was then, HE ALONE would save all of human kind. What a miraculous night it must have been.

7. As I look forward to the birth of our own baby in 5 1/2 short weeks I am so filled with awe and gratitude for the Savior and for his role in our Heavenly Fathers plan. I can't wait to hold our baby in my arms and feel that "fresh from Heaven" feeling. What a miracle. What trust Heavenly Father places in us to raise them. Amazing.


Just some thoughts....=)

2 comments:

Castiel Moyes said...

So true! My back hurts right now sleeping in my SOFT BED! I hope you are surviving the holidays!

(Nicole) The Very Hungry Caterpillar said...

those are great thoughts, thanks for sharing.