Almost exactly 10 yrs ago Beth was awakened in the middle of the night to her distraught son sitting on the side of her bed. Jeff had an urgent request to make of his dear sleeping mother.....to help him fund a desperate measure to win over his girlfriend in Utah before some other boy did. So dearest Beth helped him buy his ticket online and drove him to the airport in the wee hours of the morning to fly of to Utah....to confess his undying love to a girl that BETH HAD NEVER MET! Its true. Jeff and I met at school so even though we had been dating for almost a year, Beth and I had never met (yes I was the girl).
A few weeks later I flew out to California. Jeff and I were "unofficially engaged"......so we thought it was about time I SHOULD MEET HIS MOM! I WAS TERRIFIED! For one thing I HATE to FLY! SECOND I was about to marry the ONLY BOY in the REBER Family. I was going to be Beth's ONLY DAUGHTER IN LAW. Talk about pressure!!! But, from the second I met her (and Jeff's beautiful 4 sisters) she has welcomed me with open arms. I married her baby boy a very short 2 months later. Our wedding day was only the second time she ever spent any time with me at all. In the almost 9 yrs since then, she has showered me, and my children, with love and affection. Always kind, thoughtful and endlessly supportive in word and deed. Besides being my mother in law, she has become a cherished friend. I am indeed indebted to her for raising Jeff to become the wonderful man and father he is. And I will be forever grateful to her for making me feel such a part of the Reber family.
We Love You Beth!
Happy Mothers Day!
BOWLING Beth!!
Baking Beth!!!
Beautiful Beth (make over done by Jeffy)
BEST BEST Grandmother Beth!!
No comments:
Post a Comment