Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Eve

Jeff and I decided that besides opening Christmas Jammies....we wanted to start giving the kids something else as a Christmas Eve tradition. The Verdict? LINCOLN LOGS!!!! They were Jeff's favorite as a kid and I will say he is very skilled! Our kids are still a little young for them but they loved it! Well....it was a challenge keeping Jeffrey from knocking them down!



Jeffy is turning into quite the mischeiveous lad! Caitlyn and I were building Lincoln logs (Jeff had gone to pick up the kitten!!) this is what I found when I turned around.........
Yes those are SANTA'S COOKIES!!

YUMMMMMMY!

AND Santa's Milk!
(note: apparently Santa has a working relationship with RAGNAR!
....Maybe he'll be a sponsor next year!!)
Caught Red handed!!
Hopefully Santa has already left the North Pole and wont be able to update his Naughty list!
Love HIM! He cracks me up! Can't wait till he is two!

As for our next NEW TRADITION......we usually leave carrots out with the cookies for Santa's Reindeer.... but this year my sister Camie gave us "Reindeer Food"!! It's oats, sugar, and glitter!! You sprinkle it on the sidewalk so that the Reindeer will see the glitter and bring Santa too your house!! So Cute! Downside....don't forget to sweep it up after the kids are asleep. (I didn't remember till 2 am!)
Here is Caitlyn "sprinkling" the reindeer food!!

I have a friend that actually gathers deer poop and leaves that where the food was! But...I was NOT about to traipse around in 2 feet of snow looking for deer poop on Christmas Eve! I wonder if milk duds would work??? Cause it would be funny!

I spent the rest of the night wrapping. Ok we went to bed at midnight which I thought was pretty good! I gave Jeff his scrapbook (one of his mission and one of the rest of his life) on Christmas Eve too . Just so he could sit and enjoy it without the kids climbing over him. All his sweet family sent me letters and memories for him and it turned out AMAZING! He loved it! So thanks everyone!


Stay tuned....still to come.....Christmas and the KITTEN!...Caitlyns first time BOWLING....and Sledding!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Brent also loves Lincoln logs, there are a million toys Brent can't wait to get Michael so he (Brent) can play with. I swear boys never really grow up.