Friday, October 10, 2008
Unbelievable! I Want MORE!
Well.....Sometimes my children amaze me. Yesterday Caitlyn threw the worst fit I have ever seen ...even better that it was for the babysitter while I was trying to sleep. LOVELY! And then on the other hand....when Jeffy was crying in the car she tickled him and sang primary songs to him to make him happy. And today Jeffy decided to wash his pacifier in the toilet and put it back in his mouth just as I rounded the corner into the bathroom (I have Camies(my sister) 3 boys for part of this week, so lets just say the seat is up a lot!! But on the other hand Jeffy hugs me and kisses me all day long and stares at me with such adoring eyes. And he laughs like a jolly little elf!
Having 5 kids (just for a few days!) has reminded me how hard motherhood is but also that its the best job, and most important job I could ever have. I have been reminded how special they are to Heavenly Father and how close they are to the spirit. I really thought adding 3 more kids to my mini van would be overwhelming....and trust me 5 kids in car seats is a MAJOR PAIN.....but the truth is it has left me with such an overwhelming gratitude that I have been able to have children of my own and really strengthen my feelings that I WANT MORE.....quite a few more.
It makes me sad that we live in a world where having a family takes a backseat to financial and personal success. I have never learned more in my life than I have from being a mother. And more and more I am convinced that Families are God's secret to personal perfection as well as happiness. ......................I have to go..........my baby is done napping and I am being summoned to play candyland!
Wait one last honorable mention.............Jeff was the hero of the day yesterday because he brought home "gretchen" the office pet for the kids to play with. He even helped them all feel how soft she is. Downside.....I know have to eat my meals with a Tarantula on my counter! And for all those who know me...I am a spider killer not a spider lover. So....this is a huge stretch for me! I am trying not to imagine her escaping from her little cage and running ammuck in my house. So....here's to progress. I have actually happily coexisted with a MASSIVE SPIDER for over 18 hours now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I could not agree with you more! You are an inspiration and an amazing sister! I just love you! - Katie
So True!! I never thought I could be so sick of something, crying, laughing, adoring and amazed all in the same 5 minutes! Being a mom is incredible....not ready for 5 but...
Can't wait to hang out with you guys tonight!
P.S. You are a saint to let Gretchen come to your house!! It makes me sick just knowing she is at the office!
I would never allow that spider in my door! But I would allow more kids, just like you! Did I tell you I thought I was pregnant a couple of weeks ago, and somehow I was okay with it? (I'm not though.)
Kids ARE like magic. Just didn't know you could love so much! That spider FREAKS me out; I'm terrified of spiders, I always think they'll get in my hair :)
WHY! do they have a pet tarantula?! That is too creepy and weird!
That spider is disgusting. I would be freaking out! And I just have to tell you how much I love reading your posts. I always seem to be uplifted by them. Who knew you were so spiritual. We don't see that side too much at work!
Wow I can't believe you let Jeff bring that thing home. I told Dan if he brought that in our house he would live to regret it. I also told him that me and Max would move in with his mom until the house was tarantula-free! You are so brave!!
Post a Comment