Ok so you can pretty much guarantee that everyone will know what kind of mother you are by what your kids REPEAT! I have to admit that I have unfortunately taught my children (accidentally of course) phrases that are not so "child like". Such as "Oh my goodness and oh CRAP CRAP CRAP! " I know I know it could be a WHOLE LOT WORSE!! What I didn't expect is that they would also pick up my OBSESSIONS with random things.
Here comes the story............
The other day I was "eavesdropping" on Caitlyn playing Barbies in her room (this is my favorite past time...because I think its so so cute)
So the other day this is what I heard....
Blonde Barbie (the MOM): "hurry up and get your shoes on... its time to go to the store!!!"
"Chocolate barbie" (the daughter) : "MOM!! Don't forget your coupons!!"
Ok it gets worse............
Blonde Barbie's Friend : Oh my Gosh. I love that! Where did you get it???
Blonde Barbie: "Oh...I totally GOT IT AT D.I.!"
OK SO SUE ME! I LOVE COUPONS AND I AM QUEEN OF GETTING COOL THINGS AT DI for NOTHING!!...and then openly bragging about it. Ha ha ha! I never thought I'd grow up to be this way......it just happened!
At least my kids will be frugal.......or their Barbies will be.
(who live in a handme down house and wear clothes from the 1980's by the way =) )
5 comments:
I LOVE IT!!! So awesome that you are teaching your kids to look for the bargains!Love your guts!
Missy, you are so stinkin cute (and so are your kids)! I miss working with you and seeing you. Congrats on Baby #3!
You and your kids always look so hip...who would have though DI? That just makes it better.
I didn't know you were pregnant. congratulations!
Haha, so cute! I need a little girl!
Finger pants finger pants FINGERRR PAAAANTS!
Post a Comment