Saturday, July 25, 2009

Random Sampler.......

You know...I was lying on Caitlyns bottom bunk reading to her tonight and I was overwhelmed with that sense of contentment in being a mom. Although I am exhausted, and life is SURELY unpredictable, my kids NEVER stop making me laugh and helping me to see the joy in the little things in life. Like....Bugs...sticks....rainbows...and their favorite shoes.

Here is a little random sampler of some random things that made me laugh lately
....oh a day in the life of a mom!!!

#1 The only thing better than a fort made out of couch pillows is a BUBBLE FORT!! I had never even HEARD of one of these until Jeff made them one. (Its a box fan blowing under a sheet with all the sides tucked in) WHAT!??! The kids loved it...of course. They have the BEST DAD IN THE WORLD


........I only wish i had the video of when our cat Jazzie jumped right in the middle and colapsed the whole thing with Jeffy still inside. He was so freaked out. (It was super funny though)


#2 They get WAY more excited about MY BIRTHDAY than I do!!! =)
Things to notice in this shot...Jeffy's fingers are in the cake!! Caitlyn is really in just a t shirt and under pants and I am lighting my OWN candles. hahaha! A mommy birthday for SURE!

#3 Jeffy singing me happy birthday when I had no idea He even knew the song...and then me almost lighting my shirt on fire keeping him away from the candles....and don't forget his "HOOORAY" when I blew them out. CUTEST THING EVER!

Notice my little baby bump....just in case you needed proof that on the 3rd child you show right away!!

#4 Jeffy's FIRST ride on a HARLEY!!

PURE JOY ON HIS FACE!! I on the other hand was a nervous WRECK....going on a ride on Jeffs scooter is one thing(which he also ADORES).....a HARLEY is another. Also of note...NOTICE HIS DORA THE EXPLORER HELMET....poor boy...we need to put a spiderman sticker over it. =) OH and lets not forget that when they returned from their little joy ride Bryan reports that the WHOLE TIME Jeffy kept saying "GO FAST! GO FAST! GRRRRRREAT! I'm in for it with this kid!!
It took me, my dad, AND Bryan to keep him from touching it because it was still HOT! He's pretty much obsessed with anything with WHEELS!
BUG FACE! Priceless!

#5 Asleep in the car....Little Twinkie Face!!

This was after we went swimming in St George. We put him in his car seat and the car had to be 120 degrees inside....thus the red splotchy face. He fell asleep half way home and halfway through his Twinkie. CUTE CUTE CUTE!


#6 "We're Just Growin' up so big mom...I wanted to see how big we really were"

That was caitlyn's response when I questioned her about these marks on our entry way wall. She was apparently charting her AND her brothers growth.....WITH A SHARPIE! Note: this is the first time in FOUR years she has drawn on the wall. Her brother on the other hand has MANY wall masterpieces to his name and HE IS NOT EVEN 2!! NO MORE SHARPIES!!!

#7 Jeffy and his SHOE FETISH

Jeffy likes his shoes....OK HE LOVES THEM. Tonight he refused to go to bed unless I put his ratty old Tennis shoes on. This was 4 HOURS LATER! I am SURE they will still be on in the morning!

He also has two pairs of sandals that her LOVES....his baseball sandals (which he calls his "BALLGAME shoes") and his SPIDERMAN sandals (which he calls "MAN shoes"). Both times those shoes were purchased because he WOULDN'T LEAVE THE STORE WITHOUT THEM!!! So funny. Yesterday he wanted to wear his "man shoes" but I could only find one....so....he wore ONE...ALL DAY! So so funny! Luckily I found the other one today....behind the computer??!??!

#8 Laughing toys freak me out!!!!
Sure enough EVERY TIME I SNEAK down super quietly to check on my kids I step on one of these in the DARK....and sure enough they laugh at me! Scares me everytime.....so much for being sneaky!

#9 Super Swimmer!!!

The other day we were swimming at a family friends pool.....Caitlyn asked me if she could take her "floaties" off and try to swim without. SURE! Go for it. In two days time she has learned to swim 3/4 length of the pool without help AND to tread water! What the heck!??! And...She's super fast. She has always been tall and STRONG....I told her that she could be an olympic swimmer!! I also told her she was the "best swimmer in the world" (all moms exaggerate when they praise their kids right!??!) Then she went and told her cousins that she was the "fastest and best swimmer" and made them cry. OOOOOOPPS! I'm a proud mommy anyway!! Way to go CJ!!



Ok this video is like her second attempt....two days later she swam 3/4 of the pool long ways! Amazing!

AREN'T KIDS JUST SO SO FUNNY!!!??!!

4 comments:

Maren said...

You are such an amazing mom. I SO hope that i can be like you. You laugh ALOT, your kids are happy, independant and confidant. You plan fun activities (not just for them but for you too) SO Amazing....

Alli said...

so cute!!! I love all the pictures especially little jeffy with his shoes on. how adorable is that?!

Amanda said...

Gotta love kids!U sure don't look like u r showing. In your birthday pic.

Stephanie said...

I love this post! I need to do something like this, where you capture the little day to day moments of kids. And just for the record I don't see any baby bump...you look as skinny as ever!